CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

He's growing up

So during Thursday's doctor appointment we were talking about sleeping habits of Boy.  I had mentioned that he was waking every 2-3 hours again and she said growth spurts only make that happen for 2-3 days, not for weeks at a time.  She then proceeded to tell me to start him on cereal before bed.  I was hesitant since I have read that their little intestines aren't ready for solids until 6 months, but since she told me to, and I want sleep ... I decided I'd give it a shot.  After discussion we both decided that rice cereal is for the birds and that he'll start on organic oatmeal (made by Gerber, I'm not crazy enough to try to make this, YET).

I haven't given him any oatmeal before bed yet, but I did give him about 1/2 Tbls during lunch today.  Then he followed that up with a VERY large meal of milk.  He has been sleeping for over 2 hours now, which he doesn't usually do during the day.  It's wonderful.

He didn't have too much trouble eating the cereal, but he did blow out a few times when he was supposed to suck in, so it got a little messy.  For those of you that don't remember, the first few feedings of cereal are like spooning pure liquid into the baby's mouth.  The oatmeal is just so watered down with milk.  He was giggling, shaking his arms, and smiling like crazy.  I think he liked it!!  Don't get me wrong, the bib was filled with food that didn't stay in his mouth, but hey - he's only 4 months old.  He'll learn!

Not pleased that he is in his chair instead of my arms!
First bite ... (notice girl in the background showing him how to open wide, HAHAHA)
Not hating it!
Liking it
Notice Girl in the background
Girl always being a show stealer "Look I can drink my milk like a big girl (no cover) plus no hands!"
Eyeing me up waiting for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews