I took us out of the the ecfe class we were in. It just wasn't for us. They are really going to focus on "separation", and Makena doesn't have any problems with that. The class was set up like this: come in and play with your kid for a 1/2 hour, then snack, then play with your kid more. I can do all of this at home. I don't need to PAY to do it. So I un-enrolled us. I am really unhappy with ecfe. Oh well. I am just going to have us focus on tot-time and other activities I find around town. Much cheaper than ecfe and more entertaining for me, because let's face it, it's all about me, OH WAIT, that isn't right, huh? Okay, it's all about Makena, but she wasn't playing WITH the other kids anyway, she was always on her own playing quietly. Today during the 5 minute separation, she was 1 of 2 kids (out of 12) that wasn't crying. She really doesn't have a separation problem, I don't think the "teachers" believed me. They kind of gave me that "yeah right" look when I told them she wasn't going to have a problem with me leaving. They tried to give me that, "well some kids have a problem here when they don't have a problem with grandparents or at home". Okay, I get that, but I go to the gym and she is left with them all the time and SHE DOESN'T CARE!! I think I was more frustrated with them trying to tell me how my kid was going to react instead of listening to ME about MY child.
After ecfe we came home for a quick nap and lunch and then we went to Lifetime Fitness to start our 1 week trial at that gym. I guess she was kind of whiny for them, but not too bad. They told me she could have a sippy there (which I didn't know) so I will have one for her tomorrow. It should make things a little better.
Then we came home and went for another round of napping! Yep, I said we. haha I didn't mean to fall asleep with her, but I did. I had laid with her in my bed until she fell asleep then I was going to move her, but then an hour and a half later, she woke me up. It felt so good. Secretly, I wanted to nap anyway, so it was nice.
After supper we went to Target for some things and then we came back and daddy was finally home (7:15). She went to bed on time and we're ready to start a new day tomorrow! I have a chiro appointment in the morning and she has her 15month check-up. I do believe that she'll be getting some shots. Oh goodie . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment