CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Daddy's Home!!

Jared came home Friday evening during meal time and everything was right with the world again!  Makena was happy to see him, Matthew smiled behind his food at him, and everyone ate fast we we could play. Eating fast in this house is a HUGE deal, Makena eats sooooo slow.  It's super annoying. She starts playing with her milk, food, fork, plate, ANYTHING. If you take the food away she says she's hungry then eats another bite.  If we didn't push her to eat it would take her over an hour at every meal.  Not even joking.  We have started to set a timer for her.  What used to take an hour now takes 10 minutes.  I LOVE it!!!  I only set the timer once she starts playing with her stuff though.  I don't want to stress her if she's eating nice. Once everything was cleaned up we played outside, went for a walk, played in the basement, and then got ready for bed.  We had purchased some new books while daddy was gone so Makena was excited to have him read them to her for bedtime.  Matthew didn't care. ha.

Saturday was a typical morning, but then we were getting antsy so we went to the store that I purchased the new stroller from.  I wanted Jared to see it.  He liked it and then we went out to eat while we were out.  After that we headed to MOA. It was very busy and we didn't buy a thing. Go figure.  Makena did get her picture taken with Blue though.  That made her day.




Sunday we got antsy again so we decided we would go to Duluth for the day.  I had a bunch of activities planned then looked at how much the day was going to cost us.  I suggested the zoo to Jared and Makena heard and started jumping up and down wanting to go to the zoo. Well, that was an easy decision.  The zoo it was. After a few hours of looking at the animals and exhibits, Makena was losing her energy (this is after taking a nap on the way there). We put her back in the stroller and headed to the door. The trip was fun! Once home we headed to the park and we met some new friends.  They had a son a little younger than Matthew and a daughter a couple of years older than Makena.  The girls got along and played really well. It was also fun to watch the boys stare at each other!

Yesterday was a little bit more laid back. We didn't do any "activites" and just played around the house and yard.  I did do some grocery shopping so we made that a family outing, but that doesn't really count.  I kept sending Jared and Makena off to get things so I could concentrate.  Jared had the wonderful idea of letting her walk and she was not helping me with the grocery shopping by saying "mommy" over and over.

Today we're back to our normal routine of Y in the morning, lunch, and play.  I asked Makena my usual question, "what do you want for lunch" expecting the usual "I don't know", but today she surprised me and said, "I want french toast please." I was surprised by actually getting an answer so I said yes and she gobbled it up like she was starving. I guess that's what happens when your cereal is playing hide and seek with itself  and your the referee so mommy takes it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews