These pictures are from this Monday:
| Not cool mom, just put the camera down and play! |
Today (Saturday) was a really fun day for us! Well, three of us. Jared was studying all day so I’m sure he didn’t have any fun.
The day started with a family pile on our bed. After playing a bit we got up had our usual breakfast and the kids and I headed to the Y. I go five days a week, but I didn’t got yesterday so I had to go today. It was enjoyable. Super sweaty and lots of energy was exerted!
After the Y I rushed home, took a shower while Jared got the kids some snacks. Then I packed them back up and we headed to cousin Braden’s football game. Makena was really excited to go see him. She was even more excited to see Grandma and Grandpa there. I didn’t tell her that they were going to be there so it was a total surprise for her. She got bored with the actual game quickly and played cars with some other kids and even played some tag. I even let Grandma buy her some chips. She loved them. I also bought her a hotdog about an hour past her lunch time because she was having a hunger meltdown. She loved the bun and ketchup. I ate a couple bites of the hotdog and it was terrible, so basically I paid for a bun. Awesome.
| Getting dirty |
After the game we went to Costco so I could use my mother-in-laws membership to get some organic milk, fruit, and veggies. I did pretty good getting only healthy items. The biggest splurge was a bag of popchips and they really aren’t that bad as far as healthy.
After that shopping trip Makena was hitting a wall and needed to get home to sleep. We were 3 minutes from home and she was out. The transfer to her bed went smoothly and I was able to get some fun play time in with Matthew. After another half hour or so Matthew was acting tired so I put him down. They ended up sleeping until 5. WOWZA!
Since the kids slept so late they woke up to supper instead of snacks. I used all the new wonderfulness I bought and had a great supper. Spinach/cheese ravioli with sauce, fresh salad, blueberries, and grapes. Yummmmm!
After supper I once again packed up the kids and headed out so Jared could be home alone to study. We went to Anoka County Farms and played with the bunnies, ducks, pumpkins, wagons, trikes, and other stuff we came across. I took a lot of pictures and didn’t buy a thing. I was going to get a pony ride for Makena, but she just wanted to say “hi” to the pony instead of ride it. OKAY, saves me money! After the farm we went to the park and exerted more energy. Play play play!
![]() |
| Look at this big trike! |
Park fun:
| Hi |
Once home I got the kids their evening snacks, did jammies, and wound down. It was already an hour past their bedtime. Since they slept so late I didn’t mind that they were still awake. They both went to bed easily and now I am getting ready to go to bed myself. I’m kind of tired!











No comments:
Post a Comment