I did a big toy swap out on Saturday. I took down the slide and put up the table and chairs for my big girl. I also put away all the christmas and birthday presents and brought out some of the older toys. She likes to push baby Tad's tummy and learn her ABC's with a learning turtle. She's really digging it! She also did some coloring and easy puzzles on her table. Don't get me wrong, her favorite thing to do with the puzzle pieces is to chew them. hehe I also decided to leave the "ball pit" out. It is such a pain in the butt to deflate and re-inflate the pool. Here she is enjoying that:
For lunch today I made a YUMMY BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Burrito recipe. Makena LOVED it. She ate so much. Iw as so proud of her. So far this is the only way she has eaten chicken that I've made. I found it in Jillian Michael's "Making the Cut" book, but it's also online from "Cooking Light". I think Makena finally figured out that I'm not buying any more Gerber graduate food and she is going to have to like what I give her. I also made her some squash today, and not kidding you, she ate half of it. HUNGRY BABY! Here is the recipe:
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burrito)
Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
Preparation
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring constantly. Stir in barbecue sauce and beans. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream, and roll up.
I've also given up trying to tame the girl's hair. It's CRAZY most days. As you can see in the pics. LOL
I also forgot to put up some Sesame Street Live pictures so they are below. She LOVED it. She clapped, danced, laughed, and made noises back. I definitely think a 1 year old can enjoy a "show"!!! Makena proved it. ;) We also forgot to take more pics. Oops.
Me, Makena, Stacey, and Noah!
Very into the show, she actually looks scared here, but I think she was tired. This was about an hour past her bedtime at this point.



No comments:
Post a Comment