Friday afternoon we came home and Makena had a full on fever. She was burning up. I felt so bad for her, even though I was getting incredibly annoyed by the whining. She didn't get 100% back to herself until Monday. We ended up not being able to go up north to help plant Grandpa Wally's memorial garden and that was hard on Jared, but he was the one that made the decision that we should both be here to take care of her. I told him he could go up with Matthew, but then there's that whole feeding him problem he would have faced. So, we all stayed home together.
Yesterday (Tuesday) my little guy got warm while we were at the zoo. I REALLY thought we had dodged a bullet with him getting whatever it was that Makena had. No such luck. Since he can't verbalize how he feels, we're taking him to the doctor to make sure he's okay. The meds aren't taking his fever down they way they did for Makena. So I'm sure I'll hear the typical "he has a virus", but who knows. I'll find out at 3:30 I guess.
As for yesterday, I was finally able to see Katie's baby!!! She had her the day I went to Paynesville. I couldn't believe it. The day I travel a significant distance from home she goes into labor. THEN, when I go back home my big girl is sick so I can't go visit. AHHHHH. It was torture having to wait. Audrey is perfect and oh so cute. She has long lanky fingers, legs, and arms. Gee I wonder where that came from, HA! After my visit (Jared and the kids went shopping while I was at Katie's) we went out to lunch. It was my first Sonic experience. It was okay. Then as we were headed home I suggested we head to the zoo since we were already in the south metro and to my surprise Jared agreed. So off to the zoo we went! It was just a couple hour visit but it was fun to watch Makena show daddy everything there. It was also nice to have help there. Much to Makena's dismay we put her in the stroller after her dolphin watching and she thankfully fell asleep. That's when we left!
Once home we went to the Y and then swam as a family afterward. Before you go thinking "you're baby is sick and you brought him to the Y" I SERIOUSLY thought he had a fever from the 2 teeth trying to bust through. 1 tooth has even caused his gums to totally turn black and blue. Poor little guy. After we got home I notice that the meds we gave Matthew before the Y hadn't helped his fever so I knew that I actually had a sick baby. I feel so bad for him.
Here are some pictures from the past week:
| Practicing her fishing skills with the rod/reel Grandpa got for her for his house. I wasn't able to bring her fishing off the dock since I don't have a license yet! |
![]() |
| Grandpa showing Makena the ambulance that he drives. She wasn't too interested, but we found out later this day that she was sick, so that explains that! |
![]() |
| The new mama! |
![]() |
| "they're so cuuuute" (the bears that is) |
![]() |
| Daddy chasing after Makena at the zoo |






No comments:
Post a Comment