CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A wee mix-up

Today's project was baking and decorating sugar cookies. I made the dough yesterday and had it all prepped. I don't have anything beside christmas cookie cutters, so christmas shapes it was. :) I had this on the afternoon agenda. I had to change things up a bit since gymnastics got all screwed up.  We got all ready and went and the place was closed.  WTF?  I was upset.  I called, left a message, and got a call back.  I guess when they don't have enough kids in a session they don't have it, soooo I got accidently confirmed for a class that no longer exists.  We are now in the Wednesday morning class. Okay, fine. We will go to gymnastics tomorrow.

I got her her own frosting tube.  It is better for the rest of us this way!  I did let her use some of the frosting that I made, but after I was done with it.  ;)
Cookie decorating requires pure concentration
Testing her skills
Better use two hands, it'd be terrible if some of those sprinkles fell off.
The finished product

I brought the kids outside after I got everything all cleaned up and I finally hung the clothesline on the trees.  I still have it so it's easily removable (since I don't want a permanent line).  I guess you would say this is a semi-permanent line.  Right now the diapers are out hanging.  It's chilly out there, but the dipes will still dry. Girl was OH SO HELPFUL.  She kicked dirt onto the clean diapers, threw rocks into the yard, and put dirt on my ladder. It was VERY hard to stay calm and to understand that she is just learning how things work. She was filthy (which I didn't mind) but the fact that I have to rewash half the diapers - not pleased. I will also have to head out and take care of a mole problem that won't go away.  I hate those darn things.  It wouldn't bother me, but they make visible tunnels and dirt mounds in my yard.  Why can't they just be under the ground without causing trouble?

So Girl has officially grown in a week.  Last week I had to teach her to grab her stool to turn on the light-switches since she was about an 1/2 inch away from being able to get them.  Yesterday she was able to turn them on and off without the stool. When did that happen? There is another girl in her gymnastics class that is a little older than her but is about 2 inches shorter. Where in the world are these kids getting this height from?

Well, out to "take care of" the moles. I hope I still have the pellets left.  I don't want to make a hardware store run this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews